Monday, April 4, 2011

How to get GOOD DEALS with Coupons.

Ok so there has been a lot of people asking me how to do the whole coupon thing so here is how you get started. (This is for you Bre)

Go to: http://thekrazycouponlady.com/
Click on: Beginners at the top

This lady goes through the top 10 things you need to do to become a Krazy coupon lady. :)

What I Do:
  • Every week I get 3 newspapers ( The more you get the more you save) You will save the cost of the newspapers in one store trip:)
  • I clip all the coupons out and put them in my binder.
  • Then I look at every stores adds to see if there is good deals. (Each week go to the Krazy coupon lady's website and she will list out what deals are good ones to go do. You can click on the store you want to go to)
  • I also go to grocerysmarts.com, click on a store and it will tell you the deals and what coupons to use for those deals.
  • I pick the items I want, get my coupons ready and go shop:)
  • I do not use all my coupons for that week. Sometimes if you hold on to them for a little bit a better sale will come up and you can get the item for cheaper.
At Walgreen's they do register rewards which means if you buy certain things a machine will spit out a dollar amount reward.
For example, one week they had buy two Colgate toothpastes and I got $4 rewards. Plus I had coupons for the toothpaste so I got it cheaper then normal. Then in my next transaction I used the $4 rewards to pay for the next items and I just paid tax. So I got a lot more stuff for the price of 2 toothpastes.

* IMPORTANT: You always want to stack your manufacturing coupon onto a store coupon or a store sale. That is how you will save the most money. (You can not stack two manufacturing coupons for one item)

EXAMPLE:
I Got
2 Olay Lotions @ 4.99 each
4 Dove Deodorants @ 3.99 each
2 Dove body wash @ 3.99 each
Total: $34.98

Paid:$8.48

I had 2- $2 off coupons for Olay lotion from my newspaper, 4- $1 off Target coupons for any Dove product and 6- $1 off coupons for any Dove Product from printing them off from home. (I was able to use 2 coupons on some of the items because one was a manufactured coupon and one was a store coupon)
Then Target was doing a deal, if you buy 2 Olay lotions or 4 Dove products you get a $5 gift card. So I did 3 transactions.
Bought the 4 Dove then used my $5 gift card on my next purchase with my other coupons....and so on and so on
Hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know.

1 comments:

Jessica Fronce said...

Thank you Brittany!