Monday, January 11, 2016

Brock James Griffin

Well our little guy decided to come 17 days early and on the worst day possible!
Sunday (Jan 3rd) night I was tossing in bed when Raquel woke up at 11:30 to go to the bathroom! After helping her back to bed I laid down and thought of how bad it would be if my water broke while I was at the hospital with Korver! Korv was scheduled to get his tonsils and adenoids out Monday Jan 4th and we had to be there at 6:45 in the morning! Just as I was thinking about how bad it would be to have my water break on Monday, my water broke! It was 12:30 am (Jan 4th)



We called Janene and she came and stayed with the kids while we headed to the hospital! 37 weeks and 4 days!

We got to the hospital at 1:30, they checked me at 2 and I was a 4+ and 80% effaced! They told me I might have to have a natural birth because the anesthesiologist was in a C-section and had an emergency C-section after that, then there was another girl ahead of me! Joseph thought it was ridiculous that they only had one anesthesiologist and no one else in call!


Lucky me, the anesthesiologist came and gave me my epidural at 2:45am before he went into his next C-section! By 3:15am I was a 6+ and by 4:15 I was at a 10 and ready to push! I started pushing at 4:20 and by 4:29am Brock was born! (Joseph and I at the hospital, Joseph has his juice and crackers and is ready to go:)


Brock was born with so much hair, so different from Korv and Raquel!


He weighed 7lb 10oz (they rounded up)


My mom got to the hospital right after I got my epidural and was able to be there when Brock was born!


Grandma and Brock


I can't believe he came so early and he is here already! From start to finish my labor was only 4 hours! (12:30am-4:30am) each one of my kids was almost half the time of the other! (Korver 14 hours, Raquel 8 hours and Brock 4)








Right after Brock was born


Look at all that hair





Baby Brock


This is my favorite picture from the hospital


Joseph left around 7am and went to Primary children's hospitals To be with Korver before he had to go to surgery! After surgery they came to visit and I'm so glad I got to snuggle Korv on his surgery day! I was really sad I could not be there for it, I wanted to so bad! I am so happy he got to come meet his baby brother!

0 comments: