Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New Job

I have loved being able to stay home with Korv and Raquel and have also loved being able to help watch my niece and nephews, but I have been going a little crazy:)
I finally realized that if I want to be a better mom at home I need to be able to get away for a couple hours and do something that is just for me! Something that I can focus my energy on not just changing diapers and cleaning up about 100 messes a day! So A friend told me about the job I have now!

I work for a adoption agency that flies in birth moms the last couple months of their pregnancy and I take them to their doctor appointments, grocery shopping and show them around Utah while they are here! I am with them when they choose an adoptive family and also when they give birth! After the birth of their baby they are able to fly back home!

I have only been doing it for a couple of weeks now, but I love it! The birth mom I have now is such a great person and so much fun to be with! I feel very blessed that I get to be apart of something like this! It has also been the perfect break that I needed! Plus it's fun to be able to help someone else! I am sure each mom will be different but I am excited for each one that comes into my life and I hope that I can leave them better than when they got here with the help of our Heavenly Father! I feel like in some little way this could be my missionary opportunity since I never got to serve a mission when I was younger! I am really excited:)
I have learned so much already and this job has increased the way I look at the blessings I have and has magnified my gratitude! So blessed to be able to do this for my job:)

Thanks Ginger for telling me about this amazing job:)



2 comments:

jord and kate said...

This sounds like an amazing opportunity! do you work with certain agencies? Jordan and I are hoping to adopt again, maybe we can pass along our information.

Linnea said...

That sounds like a really neat job, Brittany. I'm interested to hear how it goes for you!